Sunday 16 December 2012

It's just around the corner folks!

CHRISTMAS (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate) seems to be ruling just about everybody's lives right now. Let it be the holiday parties, the decorating, or the last minute trips to the mall to find the perfect something(s), the holidays are definitely in full swing.  I, for one, thrive off the festivities and this weekend I had the chance to really embrace my obsession with holiday season.

On Friday, my girls and I met up for our holiday dinner, complete with Secret Santa gift exchange.  Everyone did very well with the $10 limit (I snagged myself some sweet neon xmas tree pjs-thanks Stephanie!) and enjoyed an amazing meal at 7 Numbers on Danforth www.sevennumbers.com. For those of you who don't make it east of Yonge st. ever (I'm looking at you Downtowners), I highly recommend checking out some of the restaurants on Danforth (between Broadview and Pape mostly).  Less crowded, great service, and fantastic food (even if you're not getting Greek). 
Half the the table, The ladies after dinner, My balls and I (we couldn't help ourselves),The other half of the crew
As someone who is rather fond of Christmas and crafting, I made each of the ladies homemade Christmas cards (with some inspiration from Pinterest, naturally). Glad you all appreciated them gals! They were so much fun to make and I definitely like them better than the generic cards I was finding in the stores. Cheaper too!
 The Ladies' Christmas Cards
I continued with the Christmas theme the next afternoon with a trip to the Toronto Christmas Market in the Distillery District.  I'd never had the chance to check it out down there and now that I have, I will be spending my entire summer there. The entire area is so beautiful with historic buildings and adorable shops (and most importantly, the breweries).  I had myself some "Mulled wine" which Collin described as "Apple cider with some wine poured in".  I'd have to agree with this description, and as unappetizing as that may sound, it was delicious.  The Christmas Market was the perfect way to appreciate the holiday season (and the perfect way to score free booze). I HIGHLY recommend you to check it out next year if you did not have the chance to visit this winter.
The cobblestone streets of the Historic Distillery District all dressed up for Christmas :)
My weekend ended with a trip to the Eaton's Centre with my Mom who desperately needed to get some last minute shopping done.  I somehow had finished all my shopping (how did this happen?!?!) but agreed to accompany her to the apocalypse that is the Eaton's Centre at this time of the year. I am one of the few people I know that actually ENJOYS busy malls during the holidays. They did an amazing job with the decorations this year, erecting HUGE, sparkling reindeer throughout the atrium of the mall. It was a very successful trip and allowed for some quality holiday bonding time with the mere.

And that was my holiday-injected weekend wrap-up for you! I hope that all of you are enjoying the holidays as much as you can. Get those gifts bought, those lights hung, and relax as much as possible. And remember, most importantly...

DON'T BE A COTTON-HEADED NINNY MUGGINS!

1 comment: