Sunday 9 December 2012

30 is the new...

Last night I celebrated my friend Marissa's 30th Birthday.  Always the thoughtful party planner, Marissa's "Roaring 20's" themed party (sending off her twenties and launching into her 30s) was chock full of little details. From the little photo booth with 1920's accessories to the vast array of desserts and "nibblies", the entire room was decked out to suit the theme. Thanks for throwing such a great party love! Happy Birthday!

 The sprawl of delicious treats, the party time nails, the birthday girl and I in our 20s headpieces :)

Upon being invited to this celebration of sending off your 20s in style, I began to think about how I will feel when I reach this "milestone". Historically, I feel that turning 30 meant that you had figured out where your life was heading, where you would be living, who you'd be spending your life with, etc. Thinking about this view, I noticed that those living in a larger city like Toronto don't necessarily follow this trend.  I'm not sure what it is about living in a bigger city that seems to put off this type of "maturing" but most of my friends, although successful and very content with their lives, do not seem to be in rush to "figure things out".  I hope that when I do turn 30 (which will happen in 3 very short years), that I do not feel the pressure to know exactly what I will be doing with my life.  I think that not quite knowing where your life is going, although somewhat unnerving and anxiety inducing, makes things a bit more exciting and allows for a a certain freedom that I don't want to lose quite yet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment