Wednesday 19 December 2012

Beach Wedding Steez

Cat and Dave's Maui Wedding


The countdown is on! 2 more days left of work, 6 more days until Christmas, and 1 week until MAUI! My lovely friend Cat and her fiance Dave are getting "maui-ed" (they have approved the use of this pun) next week on the Hawaiian island of Maui and I am travelling out to see their special day.  I've never been away to a tropical destination during the winter holidays and I am so excited, I can barely sit still. My friend Stephanie and I are arriving on boxing day for the festivities and I am currently trying to figure out exactly what to pack.  We've decided that we are only bringing carry-ons for the trip (this is very brave for me) so I really need to stream line my usual over packing style. Besides the tiny suitcase I am limiting myself to, my next concern was WHAT TO WEAR to a beach wedding.  I've only attended a handful of weddings in the past (this will all change next year) and have never been to a beach wedding so I had no clue how to dress for such an occasion.  After careful deliberation, I have decided on the above outfit for Cat's special day (the VS dress is the actual one that I purchased!).  Long flowy maxi dress, cute but functional gladiator sandals, bright envelope clutch, aviator sunglasses, and of course, 
a beautiful lei!
Let me know what you think! Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love polyvore :)
    Sounds like you're going to have a blast! and the outfit is perfect. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete