Monday 14 January 2013

Who Wore What...

It's awards season! By which I mean, it's time to see what everyone is wearing to the awards!! I really could not care less about which film/actress/actor wins what, but I DO care about the fashion successes and face plants that are sure to arise during this time of year. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been a big fan of E's Fashion Police with Joan Rivers and her gaggle of fashion critics. This awards season will be no different. So here we go...

GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS:
Hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the award show went off without a hitch (and surprisingly quickly with the exception of some of the speeches...not naming any names).  The ladies (two of my faves I might add) did a terrific job hosting, keeping the awards show fresh and fun, which really is quite a feat if you ask me.

Now for the important stuff: THE FASHION! We saw an abundance of RED or any variation of red, along with a lot of neutrals.  In addition to the similarities in colour, the style of the night appeared to be the mermaid or trumpet shape, seen on Jessica Alba, Amy Adams, and Hayden Panettiere. Do all the stylists of these ladies get together and decide they will dress their clients identical? Oh well.

Jennifer Lawrence, Emily Blunt, Jessica Alba
 My vote for best dressed goes to : Jessica Alba wearing a coral Oscar de la Renta trumpet gown. Alba looked radiant and fresh while channeling classic hollywood beauty.

Honourable mentions: Jennifer Lawrence wearing yet another coral dress,this time by Christian Dior Haute Couture.  The actress also took home Best Actress for the film Silver Linings Playbook. Still have to check out this flick, definitely on my list before the Oscars air.

 Emily Blunt in a golden cut-out Michael Kors dress, accessorized with John Krasinski.

Sienna Miller Fashion Mis-step
The actress that I think earned a "Needs Improvement" would be: Sienna Miller in a custom Erdem top and skirt. The usually flawless actress looked like she had popped out of a 1997 Seventeen magazine prom ad.  I know the 90's are back but let's keep it flattering, shall we?

That's my two cents! Looking forward to seeing if Joan agrees! 

Happy Monday!

photos via Us Magazine and  just jared

No comments:

Post a Comment