Monday 25 February 2013

Hollywood's Biggest Night

Last night was the night that every movie (and fashion) enthusiast waits for, The 2013 Academy Awards.  As a Family Guy fan, I loved what Seth McFarlane did with the show.  With witty comments and full out shock value moments (aka the song "We saw your boobs"), these Oscars I found far more entertaining than usual.  I was also pleased with the Best Supporting Actor (Christoph Waltz for Django Unchained) and Best Actress (Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook), both of whom I raved about on this very blog for these performances (Woohoo!).

But lets get down to the important stuff, yes...THE FASHION!
Overall I found the night to be a slight let down in the WOW department that we've come to expect from the Oscars but there were a few honourable mentions.

JENNIFER LAWRENCE in Dior Haute Couture (even if she fell accepting her award because of it)


ZOE SALDANA in Alexis Mabille


AMY ADAMS in Oscar de la Renta


Wonder if Joan will agree or disagree with my faves. Happy Monday!

pics via justjared

No comments:

Post a Comment